Register to vote!
Register online by October 18th. Anyone who is
- a US citizen
- a resident of the jurisdiction at least 30 days prior to the election
- 18 years old (or 17, if you will be 18 before November 3!)
can register to vote in Illinois!
Under new legislation, you can request your mail-in ballot at the same time you register to vote. This means you only have to submit one application - make sure you take advantage of this when you register online!
We're thrilled to be partnering with YVote on an intiative to register 10,000 new voters in Illinois for the election!
Register to vote here:
Can't register online?
If you would like to mail in a voter registration form, click here.
(or click here for the form in Spanish)
If you would like to register in person before Election Day, click the link below for your county to find available locations.
If you would like to register in person on Election Day, you just need to bring two pieces of acceptable ID - see the list on the right.
Acceptable Forms of ID
(from the Cook County Clerk's website)
- Passport or Military ID
- Driver's License or State ID card
- College/University/School/Work ID
- Vehicle registration card
- Lease, mortgage or deed to home
- Credit or debit card
- Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid card
- Insurance card
- Civic, union or professional membership card
- LINK/Public Aid/Department of Human Services card
- Illinois FOID card
Examples of first-class mail addressed to voter that can be used as ID:
- Bill, Transcript or Report Card from School
- Bank Statement, Pay Stub or Pension Statement
- Utility, Medical or Insurance Bill
- Official mail from any government agency
Questions about voting?
We`d love to help!
© Copyright Ballot Z